ASBH Call for Proposals for Social Work Hospice and Palliative Care Meeting
American Society for Bioethics & Humanities has released a Call for Proposals for
SOCIAL WORK AND HOSPICE & PALLIATIVE CARE JOINT AFFINITY GROUP MEETING
The Social Work and Hospice & Palliative Care affinity groups invite proposal submissions for presentation at their joint session to be held from 5:45-7:00 pm on Friday, 19 October 2012 at the 2012 ASBH Annual Meeting. Submissions should focus on the intersection of ethics, social work, and hospice and palliative care. Proposals may be from individuals or small groups of collaborators, and may focus on completed projects or works in progress. Presenters will have 25 minutes for their session, including time for active audience participation.
Please submit an abstract of 500 words or less that contains the following:
- a detailed description of the project, including aims, methods, and findings/conclusions;
- a precise explanation of how the project addresses the intersection of ethics, social work, and hospice and palliative care;
- a concrete plan for the 25-minute session, with at least 50% of the time devoted to active engagement of session attendees; and
- a brief description of the project status (just beginning, in progress, complete, etc.) and, if appropriate, indication of IRB approval for projects involving human subjects.
We especially welcome submissions from early career scholars and/or clinicians. Priority will be given to proposals that (a) include a concrete plan for audience engagement and participation, and (b) clearly articulate howthe project addresses the intersection of ethics, social work, and hospice and palliative care.
Abstracts should be formatted for blind review using the template below, and are due by 1 August 2012. Please create a 2-page MS Word or .rtf document using the submission template below, and send the document via email to email@example.com, using the phrase “affinity group submission” as the message subject. Questions are also welcome to this address.
2012 Submission Template
Page 1 of 2 (including identifiers)
- Primary author/presenter name and affiliation:
- Primary author/presenter phone number and email address
- Contributing authors/presenters’ names and affiliations:
- Email addresses of contributing authors/presenters:
2012 Submission Template
Page 2 of 2 (for blind review)
- Abstract addressing four elements in call for proposals (<500 words):
- Brief explanation of how the training experience/expertise of the primary and contributing presenters is related to the content of the abstract (please do not use presenter names in this explanation):