Meet SWHPN in New Orleans in March!
Save the date!
The Social Work Hospice & Palliative Care Network (SWHPN) announces
Advancing Psychosocial Palliative Care
1st Annual SWHPN General Assembly
March 11-12, 2013, New Orleans, LA
This interdisciplinary conference will feature oral, panel and poster presentations on key issues and innovations in psychosocial practice, education, research and policy. We welcome new and experienced social workers and other professionals from the palliative care team interested in psychosocial and spiritual aspects of palliative, hospice and end-of-life care.
Who should attend?
Social workers and other professionals committed to advancing psychosocial palliative care.
Assembly participants will learn to:
- Improve care by identifying and developing best practices and core competencies in psychosocial and spiritual palliative care
- Advance psychosocial knowledge and skills of social workers and interdisciplinary palliative care professionals
- Promote innovations and emerging research within social work and other palliative care disciplines
- Explore policy issues, ethics, new legislation, advocacy and empowerment
- Strengthen connections between psychosocial practice, education, research and policy in social work and other palliative care professions
Stay tuned for further information on registration, featured speakers, award nominations, sponsorship opportunities, and guidelines for abstract submission. Click here to receive notifications about this conference.
Participation in the SWHPN General Assembly is limited to registered attendees. SWHPN members will have discounted registration. Join today!